Monday, July 21, 2008

Wedding!

So, my brother, the last of the Strong clan, has donned the ring and gotten married!  Congratulations Justin and Tanya!  We had a fun weekend with family to celebrate their nuptials. (I'm so glad I got to use that word.  How often do you hear nuptials?)  Unfortunately, I was terrible at taking pictures during the festivities and got my camera out only once during the weekend.

On the upside, their photographer, Lindsay Silsby, took some beautiful pictures and posted a handful on her site.  So if you want to see some pictures of the happy couple, click here.

We were able to have my brother and his family stay at our house during the wedding.  It was really fun to have them.  Tommy and Hannah both loved having cousins to play with first thing in the morning.  And I loved having Dallin and Lauree to talk to after kids were in bed!  It also made leaving Grandma's house a lot easier for Tommy when he got to bring cousins home with him.

Hannah absolutely loved having Savannah read to her.  And I absolutely love that they are both known as "Nanna" and look like they could be sisters in this picture.



One morning I let Tommy get down his little video game.  It was cute to see all 3 boys crowded around such a little screen!



Unfortunately those are the only pictures I took.  I know, totally lame.  But that just goes to show how much fun I was having seeing everyone!  

6 comments:

Autumn said...

Ahhhh! I can't believe you are all married now. That is so crazy! And we are so old!
I loved that photographer's pictures. She does an amazing job! Where was she when I got married? I hated my pictures. I felt like I could have done better with my own snap shot camera. I made a note to myself to never skimp on a photographer with my kids. Not that my parents did with me, the lady just was not in her element the day we got married.

Melinda said...

That stinks about your wedding pictures. Actually, it was Lindsay Allen (Silsby's her married name) who did the pictures. I can't wait to see the rest of them!

The photographer at our wedding was awesome. He did some good pictures, but he also did some of the cheesiest pictures. We were a little annoyed at the time, but it sure makes for some good jokes now!

Stephanie said...

I didn't take much pics either. Thank goodness for Lauree. She made a cd, it's at mom's house.
Justin and Tanya's pics turned out cute too.

Bowman Family said...

Melinda,
It's great to hear from you! I love your blog. Cute picture at the top. Your family is so beautiful!!!

I found that quote on a wall in the Glendale Institute. It was printed on a picture of the woods. My dad made a copy of it for me. There isn't a reference on it so I don't know who said it. Sorry.

Have a great weekend!
Meg :-)

dallin said...

Hey Mel,
Thanks for letting all of us stay over at your place for a few days, we enjoyed being there, not to mention the reduced craziness at Mom's place :-) If you all are passing by Austin feel free to come and visit!
-Dallin

3 South Chub Club said...

WOW! Wayne and Colleen can brush their hands together now huh? How exciting for Justin and Tanya. I love that your kids get to play with so many cousins! That is awesome! Cherish it!