Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Day to You, Hannah!

Those are the words we've been hearing in our house for weeks.  Hannah has been so excited for her birthday!  The morning began with a stirring rendition of "Happy Birthday" sung by the talented vocalists, Mommy, Daddy, and Tommy.  Hannah was a captivated audience and laughed and clapped afterwards.  Here she is with the one present she got to open in the morning.  She needed a toy to play with during her "Happy Day," right?


That evening Lizzy and Jose came over to have a birthday dinner and enjoy some Olympic fever.  Go Beijing 2008!!  

Finally it was time for Hannah to blow out her candles.  Was all her blowing practice going to pay off?  She got the first one out no problem.  But the second one was a little more stubborn.  While Hannah was blowing it out, she brushed her chin against the flame.  There was no injury, but Hannah was more than happy to have Daddy help her finish the job.

Oh, and the mark on her face is not a bruise.  We went to pick up clothes at the cleaners, and the cute lady who owns it saw that it was Hannah's birthday and painted hearts on her cheek and hand.  Hannah loved it!




Then came present time!  As you can see, Tommy is more than happy to help Hannah open her presents.


I am thankful for my little girl who brings so much laughter and happiness into my life!

9 comments:

Larson Famdango said...

Happy Day Hannah! I hope that you had a great birthday we were thinking of you on your special day!Love you Hannah Bear!

brooke romney said...

I can't beleive she is already 2! What's more important is that we haven't seen you guys FOREVER. We need to get together soon!

Megan C. said...

She is so cute! We need to have a Strong family reunion to see everyone's cute kids - it's been way too long!

Anonymous said...

Hey Melinda! I stumbled upon your blog and am so happy to see you and hubby and kids. Your short hair is so gorgeous! What a beautiful family! So excited to be able to peek in on you all! I'm also on blogger--you can check out my blog at itzcraazy.blogspot.com
yeah for blogs!

Shannon (Dodge) Palmer

Bowman Family said...

Melly,
You are such a great mom. We have one of those "You are special today" plates, but I never remember to use it. You are going to love having a child at school. They change and it's so fun to watch them learn and grow. Congrats!
Meg :-)

jayne said...

Hey Melinda!!! This is Jayne from 22nd ward. It is so fun to see your family. YOu all look perfect. Check out my blog if you get a chance.

jayne said...

Melinda, I forgot to mention that our blog is blocked. Send me an email and I will invite you in jayneallbee@hotmail.com

Melinda said...

Jayne, I would LOVE to check out your blog! I haven't seen you in years! My email is mellypugh@yahoo.com

Thanks!

3 South Chub Club said...

HAPPY #2 HANNAH!!! I can't believe how big and cute she is!My friend's boy sinjed (sp?) his eyelashes on his bday cake, if that makes you feel any better. Bdays are so much fun for kids!
Jayne said hi on my blog too:)
I'm thinking we need a 22nd ward reunion??? hmmmmm