on a LONG, LAZY, Sunday afternoon with no Daddy?
After early church, you come home, eat lunch, take a nap, and watch a movie, but there's still several hours left until you can go to Grandma's house for dinner.
So, you paint . . .
Okay, that was fun, but you're bored again, so you do some experiments from your Fizzy, Foamy Science kit that Santa brought. "Mom, the elves must be really smart if they can make this science," says Tommy.
You need a break, so you put on some "Princess Music" and dance . . . or wrestle as the case may be.
After you bump your head the dancing is over, so you go back and do another experiment from your science kit.
These activities have taken up the remainder of the time until mom can get some back up at Grandma's house. Evening arrives and we can pick Daddy up at the airport. Yea!!!!
Another successful Sunday.
6 comments:
What a fun Sunday! Hey I just read the news about your pregnancy. That is so wonderful! So thrilled for you and you family!
Tell me where you got your paints! I need some non-messy, easy-clean-up fun like that for my kids to do especially when it's way too cold to go outside.
Sundays are really hard for our family. Too much time and many "i'm bored's". Sounds like your kids had fun though.
Loved the poem!
wow- thats better than I could do... in fact, when you asked that question i was like, "oh crap- i have to worry about that soon!"
Oh, what would I give for morning church again. We're afternoon now, and Sunday just seems like the biggest waste of a day now. I miss long, Sunday walks- that's what I suggest for next week for you.
Wow, I think you're a nicer mom than me. We love having early church. I got a nap last week while the kids watched Scooby Doo. But, yea, Tim is home. I have felt that pain many times, and I always think weekends are harder than during the week. I'd much rather have him gone four days during the week than the weekend. Good job, Melly-mom! and even get pictures as proof of your goodness!
Post a Comment