Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday, School, and Everything In Between

Our sweet little girl has been waiting all summer for this day. She turned 3 . . . again! At least that's what I kept telling her. She really wanted to be 4 though, so I conceded---this year.

I took some birthday pictures of her right after church. I don't know what they do in her class, but when I send her in, she looks absolutely adorable and put together. When she comes out, although still absolutely adorable, she is also a bit disheveled. I guess that's what happens when you fill a room with 3-4 year olds :).



That evening we enjoyed cupcakes picked out by the birthday girl herself. Little Bo really got into the birthday spirit. I don't know if he was the one who enjoyed it the most (although he was happy about it), but he certainly got the messiest. I had a blue tub that night.


Not to be upstaged, T had his first day of school! With two years already under his belt, he was not nervous in the least. I love the confidence that school gives him!


And here's just a random shot of T and a lincoln log house he was proud of. He made it once with my help, then built it again all by himself.



2 comments:

Ronya said...

My favorite part of Hannah's birthday was when jake got all messy and then scratched his head, dropped some on the floor and started to touch everything. I did not envy your clean up, but it sure was so fun. thanks for letting us share that! so fun

Coordination Queen said...

I'm glad to know starting 2nd grade is easy for the kids. I'm nervous as can be.